LEARNING RESPONSE ASSESSMENT 2!

 

LEARNING RESPONSE ASSESSMENT 2:


Mr Halsey's feedback: 

WWW:

Really strong knowledge of terminology shown across the early questions - clearly excellent revision.

EBI:

The 20- mark essay needs a much more critical viewpoint. For an example, questioning early theories such as hypodermic needle or social learning.

Revise the cultivation theory: more about altering audiences view of the world rather than actions ("mean world syndrome")


One potential point:

Question 1:
The British flag (Union Jack) constructs a meaning of Great Britain, traditional power and the monarchy. For some audiences, it will also offer connotations of Stormzy’s place as a British cultural icon as it reflects the Union Jack stab-proof vest (designed by artist Banksy) that Stormzy wore for his Glastonbury appearance in 2019.

Question 2:
Synergy allows companies to maximise profit from a brand (e.g. Harry Potter) by branching out into other platforms, merchandise or products.

Question 3:

FOR:
Channel 4 reinvests any profits back into programmes – this raises quality and benefits audiences.

In digital age, we are swamped by content providers – public service broadcasting gives us institutions we can trust.

AGAINST:
Younger audiences simply don’t watch live TV in the same way as older generations. Streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime will dominate TV market eventually – public service broadcasting needs to update to find a place in that digital market.


Question 4:
Cultivation theory (Gerbner) suggests that watching TV will, over a period of time, influence the audience’s ideas and perceptions of everyday life. This could be argued to be damaging to audiences if content is inappropriate or violent. However, UK television is regulated by Ofcom to protect audiences (particularly young people) from inappropriate content.

Scale of 1-10 and why?:

7.5/10: I did revise but in a shorter period time because I started revising closer to the date of the exam I believe I could of understood the theories a bit more better for the 20 marker, since I seemed to have misunderstood the cultivation theory. 

Question 2:

For question 2, I got full marks, that being 6/6 therefore I think that this was my strongest topic, I think this because this was one of the topics we did just before the exam so it was fresh in my brain. For question 2 I didn't spend so much time on it by not writing in full sentences and explain the benefits. I stated the strategy and the benefit which saved some time to answer the other longer questions.


Question 3:
For question 3, I got 7/9, I believe that in order for full marks I could of talked about sky and their subscription services and the quality and how it represents diversity. I feel like if I was more clear with my words in terms of the age ratings, I would be able to get an extra 1-2 marks. This is my strongest 9 marker from my perspective because I understood it quite well, and revised the commercial and BBC broadcasters. I remembered a few key points from the revision cards I made for the for and against, Which helped me to achieve the 7 in the mark scheme.

Question 4:
For question 4, I got 8/12, This was my weakest marker in the exam, I think the reason for this was me getting muddled up because of how similar some of the theories are. To make it better and achieve those other 4 marks I could of written an introduction and a conclusion. Instead of writing 5 paragraphs for the argument I could of followed a structure of an introduction, 3 paragraphs and a conclusion. I believe memorising some of the theories like I revised the PSBs would of boosted a few more marks, one of the theories being the cultivation theory. Linking back my paragraph to how it is or not damaging would for sure make it a 12/12.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COLLECTIVE IDENTITY AND REPRESENTING OURSELVES!

FRONT COVER PRACTICAL PROJECT

INTRODUCTION TO FEMINISM: BLOG TASKS!