FRONT COVER PRACTICAL PROJECT


FRONT COVER PRACTICAL PROJECT:

RESEARCH:

For most of the magazines, they usually use quite a range of different fonts in the cover, Vogue uses a serif font and often includes overlapping of the main centre image. The cover with the centre image mainly uses cover lines and slogans about the celebrity all around the magazines. The colour scheme is very rigid in vogue posters as they use colours that compliment each other. The camera shot that is usually used for vogue posters is either a extreme close up or medium close up. The main cover line is usually at the bottom corner end of the cover and usually includes the name of the person in the centre image. The cover lines use the same font throughout the whole magazine.

PLANNING:

"refreshing the fashion" is going to be my main cover line because the image mainly focuses on the individuals face. The model will be one of my friends, costume and makeup is of their choice but not to plain, the lighting for the images will be from the ring lights on either sides of the green drop back. I have not decided of the cover lines yet, I believe the ideas will come up to me when the cover is in the process and I can see what I can write where. 

PHOTOSHOOT:

DATE: 09/05/2023
TIME: 14:10
LOCATION: Music room with a green back drop 
NAME OF MODEL: Rathusa Mohan
NAME OF PHOTOGRAPHER: Sopiga/ Tanisha 

PUBLICATION:



EVALUATION:

I believe I have tried to the best of my ability to recreate a magazine. For me I did this in a short amount of time, this is because I was not sure for the first few lesson times on what to do. I wasn't sure who my model was or how to edit. I know that my work is not exactly top tier compared to any other magazine cover that I researched earlier but it includes all the codes and conventions of a typical magazine cover. I rate my professionalism of work a 7.5/10 this is because I made sure that the colours were not random and had a structure set that complimented the background, Many magazines central image overlapped the title brand which I tried in this vogue magazine, in which took a lot of practice. The name of my model is also written and the font of typography I believed suited well with each other. 

If I were to complete this assignment again I would make sure I plan throughout and have some sort of an idea to begin with, I would try and do a much more complicated magazine brand such as the GQ as there is more texts and overlapping of images, this will help me understand and play along the tools of photoshop. 

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COLLECTIVE IDENTITY AND REPRESENTING OURSELVES!

INTRODUCTION TO FEMINISM: BLOG TASKS!