BLOG FEEDBACK AND LEARNING RESPONSE!


 BLOG FEEDBACK AND LEARNING RESPONSE!

WWW: I’m so impressed with the start you’ve made in Media – your blog is 100% up to date and your blogposts clearly show you are engaging with media terminology and theory. I particularly like your latest work on reading an image and reception theory where you offer detail and explanation in your answers and clearly understand Stuart Hall’s ideas. Keep up the good work! 

EBI: I’d say the main feedback is something you are already developing – answering blog questions in depth and detail. Compare your answers to the ‘English’ questions in the Semiotics work to your latest blogs and you are already writing in more detail. If you keep this up along with your media consumption plans (particularly podcasts and Twitter) then you will be on the right track.

LR: Create a blogpost on your Media 1 Exam blog called ‘Blog feedback and learner response’, copy this feedback in and then complete the following learner response.


Answering blog questions in depth and detail. Compare your answers to the ‘English’ questions in the Semiotics work to your latest blogs and you are already writing in more detail.

What meanings are the audience encouraged to take about the two main characters from the opening of the film?

From the opening of the film the audience takes that the two main characters are causing trouble as "youths" this is shown through the hoodies, tramps and threatening thugs. The audience had encouraged to take that the youths in this generation are the ones that are causing the trouble and for the characters to think to be "cool" they need to look bad and to do that they have to threaten people wear dark coloured clothing. In the opening of the film the audience start to make their assumptions about race, and the way the children are brought up from their parents by the way they act.

How does the end of the film emphasise de Saussure’s belief that signs are polysemic – open to interpretation or more than one meaning?

The film emphasises that just because the main characters are not saying anything and acting like violent youths with the pencil in his hand doesn't mean that they are bad people in this movie it was that the characters were silent/mute and couldn't communicate with their mouth, so they were trying to talk through their eyes. Being mute and not being able to talk can open many interpretations. Another polysemic sign that this film could have is race discrimination, because the typical stereotype of a 'bad', 'violent', 'dangerous' person is mostly considered to be a black youth. So, anyone watching this without understanding the real concept behind this movie they will create their own interpretation about this.


Reflect on your work in A Level Media so far. What is your strongest piece of work? What is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?

My work in A level Media so far is going really great. I have been able to get everything done on time and I have made sure that each blog task has been presented well and done in a very detailed form. My strongest piece of work is the reading image- media codes because I spend a lot of time in that specific blog making sure that it has all the keywords we had learnt in lesson. Every point I made in that blog task I was able to link it do some sort of media theory and I was able to justify my point through evidence from the image. My weakest piece of work is the semiotic questions for the movie 'English'. I was not really confident in how to analyse the clip in detail which is why I wrote as much as I could take from it. For future blog tasks I need to make sure that all of my work is in deep detail with key words which I know myself that I have improved.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COLLECTIVE IDENTITY AND REPRESENTING OURSELVES!

FRONT COVER PRACTICAL PROJECT

INTRODUCTION TO FEMINISM: BLOG TASKS!